Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great accompanyment for fish!
- 4 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups leeks (sliced 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups torn spinach or 6 cups arugula
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring broth to a simmer (do not boil)-- keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add leeks and saute for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add rice: cook 1 1/2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir in wine; cook 30 seconds or until liquid is nearly absorbed.
- Stir in 1 cup broth; cook 3 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the rest.
- Stir in arugula or spinach, half-and-half, chees, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Loved this! I can't believe there are not more reviews. My grocery store was out of leeks, so I mixed green onions and sweet vidalia's to try and achieve the taste of leeks. Also added a bit more parmesan. Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly....this is definitely a do-again recipe. It is delicious.
This was FANTASTIC! It was easy to make and the most delicious risotto I've ever had. A must try!