Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Frugal Gourmet Cooks With Wine – Jeff Smith – Copyright 1986
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup green onion, minced
- 1 cup parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cups short grain rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock, hot
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- parmesan cheese, grated
- In a 2 quart heavy saucepan with a tight fitting lid, heat the oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Add the onions, parsley and spinach.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the rice and stir until translucent.
- Add 2 cups of the chicken stock, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining broth, cover and cook another 10 minutes or until the rice is tender and light.
- Lightly mix in the remaining butter with a fork. Serve topped with cheese.