The Frugal Gourmet Cooks With Wine – Jeff Smith – Copyright 1986
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 2 quart heavy saucepan with a tight fitting lid, heat the oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- 2Add the onions, parsley and spinach.
- 3Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- 4Mix in the rice and stir until translucent.
- 5Add 2 cups of the chicken stock, salt and pepper.
- 6Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- 7Add remaining broth, cover and cook another 10 minutes or until the rice is tender and light.
- 8Lightly mix in the remaining butter with a fork. Serve topped with cheese.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Riso Verde (Green Rice)
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 604.4
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 1276.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 13.1 g