Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
put in for green, eggs and ham tag.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 6 spring onions, very finely chopped
- 354.88 ml long-grain white rice
- 354.88 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (500 g) packet frozen spinach, thawed, excess liquid squeezed out
- 118.29 ml finely chopped flat leaf parsley (about 2 bunches)
- 2 lemons, halved, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large wide-based saucepan, add the spring onion and rice and cook over medium heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add stock and 1 cup (250ml) hot water and simmer over medium-low heat for about
- 10 minutes or until liquid has reduced and rice is almost cooked. Add spinach and parsley to rice mixture, then mix using a fork until combined. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook over low heat for a further 8 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Fluff the rice with a fork, then divide among 4 bowls and serve immediately with lemon halves.
Great rice and a great way to eat your spinach! Went very well with a roast chicken. The cooking method was spot on! Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.