From Simply Tuscan by Pino Luongo. This is found in the sectioon of the book called Summer: Dinner for Children and their Friends. Other types of berries work in this as well or use a mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, bring the milk to a boil. Add the rice and stir well. Cook at a slow simmer stirring frequently until all the milk has been absorbed. About 30 minutes.
- 2While the rice is cooking, plump the raisins in hot water for about 30 minutes then drain them.
- 3Add the raisins to the rice when it is done along with the butter and the sugar.
- 4Stir well to blend it all together. It should be a pudding like consistency.
- 5Serve warm, topped with the strawberries.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Riso Al Latte (Rice and Milk) With Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 932.1
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 79.3 mg
- Sodium 280.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 147.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 65.5 g
- Protein 23.4 g