Recipe by Ilysse
From Simply Tuscan by Pino Luongo. This is found in the sectioon of the book called Summer: Dinner for Children and their Friends. Other types of berries work in this as well or use a mixture.
Top Review by Lilydwen
This was a really good breakfast for my brood. We changed two things, 1 I didn't use as much sugar, and we used Hemp milk and a Whole grains milk instead of dairy (dairy allergies). Since the milks are slightly sweetened i didn't need all the sugar. The tart strawberries were great in the sweet rice! Thank you for giving me something new to try we are going to try some other fruits in it next time.
- 2 quarts whole milk
- 2 cups short-grain rice or 2 cups risotto rice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk to a boil. Add the rice and stir well. Cook at a slow simmer stirring frequently until all the milk has been absorbed. About 30 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, plump the raisins in hot water for about 30 minutes then drain them.
- Add the raisins to the rice when it is done along with the butter and the sugar.
- Stir well to blend it all together. It should be a pudding like consistency.
- Serve warm, topped with the strawberries.