3 hrs 45 mins
Member #610488's Note:
Risi e Bisi (rice and peas) is a classic Italian dish. In the past, it was prepared only on the feast days decreed by Venice's ruler, the Doge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 slice bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Saute rice, onions, garlic and bacon in a skillet with the olive oil until bacon is done, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2In saucepan, mix the broths with the water and bring to a boil. Add the Italian seasoning and basil.
- 3Add both mixtures to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 2-3 hours, until liquid is absorbed.
- 4Stir in peas. Cover and cook 30 minutes more. Stir in cheese.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risi E Bisi (Venetian Rice and Peas)
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.9
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.3 mg
- Sodium 100.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium vegetable broth