Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Soup with a great flavor and easy.
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces bacon, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces tiny peas
- 8 cups approximately 2 liters broth
- 11 ounces arborio rice or 11 ounces vialone rice
- salt and pepper
- 4 -5 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Put the butter, olive oil, bacon, and onion in a saucepan. Turn heat to medium.
- When the onion becomes soft, and the bacon is cooked, add peas and 4–5 tablespoons broth. Stir and cover.
- Cook for about 5–10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the broth, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add rice, and cook for about 20 minutes.
- When the rice is al dente (firm but not too soft or overcooked), and the soup has a dense consistency, taste and add salt if necessary. Add pepper, parmigiano cheese and parsley.
- Stir briefly and serve warm.