Risi E Bisi Aka As Rice and Pea Soup
- Put the butter, olive oil, bacon, and onion in a saucepan. Turn heat to medium.
- When the onion becomes soft, and the bacon is cooked, add peas and 4–5 tablespoons broth. Stir and cover.
- Cook for about 5–10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the broth, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add rice, and cook for about 20 minutes.
- When the rice is al dente (firm but not too soft or overcooked), and the soup has a dense consistency, taste and add salt if necessary. Add pepper, parmigiano cheese and parsley.
- Stir briefly and serve warm.