Recipe by cookiedog
This makes a nice side to grilled chicken. Recipe courtesy Angela Brassinga and Sunset. If you would like to use leftover rice, add rice to cooked garlic in step 1. Omit broth and add peas and stir until hot.
Top Review by Boomette
This is a very good side dish. I used thawed frozen peas. Omitted the parsley cause I didn't have. It was easy to do. We really love this. Thanks Stephanie :) Made for 123 hit wonders.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 1⁄4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh peas or 1 1⁄2 cups thawed frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put olive oil and butter in a 10-in. frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook until butter melts.
- Add garlic and salt and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to minutes.
- Add rice and cook, stirring, until rice is opaque.
- Add broth, stir and turn heat to high. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer undisturbed while rice absorbs liquid, about 15 minutes (then remove cover to check).
- Remove cover, quickly add peas (leave peas on top, do not stir), and return cover. Take off heat and let sit 5 minutes. Remove cover, add parsley, and fluff with a fork. Serve hot, sprinkled with pepper to taste.