This makes a nice side to grilled chicken. Recipe courtesy Angela Brassinga and Sunset. If you would like to use leftover rice, add rice to cooked garlic in step 1. Omit broth and add peas and stir until hot.
- Put olive oil and butter in a 10-in. frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook until butter melts.
- Add garlic and salt and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to minutes.
- Add rice and cook, stirring, until rice is opaque.
- Add broth, stir and turn heat to high. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer undisturbed while rice absorbs liquid, about 15 minutes (then remove cover to check).
- Remove cover, quickly add peas (leave peas on top, do not stir), and return cover. Take off heat and let sit 5 minutes. Remove cover, add parsley, and fluff with a fork. Serve hot, sprinkled with pepper to taste.
This is a very good side dish. I used thawed frozen peas. Omitted the parsley cause I didn't have. It was easy to do. We really love this. Thanks Stephanie :) Made for 123 hit wonders.
I served this rice dish at a family get together and everyone enjoyed it immensely. I used frozen peas, vegetable broth and added some coriander to the flat leaf parsley. I'll be making this again very soon. Thanks for great recipe
Very tasty rice! Had this with some fish. Didn't have fresh parsley so used dried - but I am sure it would be even better with fresh!! Thanks cookiedog! :)