Recipe by hall.cheryl
Risi e bisi is served as a soup. It should be runny enough to be eaten with a spoon.
Top Review by Mme M
This is an outstanding recipe. In Spring, when peas first appear, this is just wonderful to serve to people, and great to eat. The color, perfume, and texture is lovely! I love fresh food, and this recipe is all about fresh food.
- 1⁄2 small very finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh peas
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 5 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion and half the butter in a heavy saucepan until the onion is golden and soft.
- Mix in the peas and half the parsley and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes if you are using fresh peas. 1 to 2 minutes longer for frozen.
- Add a few tablespoons of stock if necessary.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to a boil.
- Pour the stock over the peas, bring the stock to a boil again and mix in the rice.
- Cover the pan and cook, over a low heat, until the rice is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the remaining butter, the rest of the parsley and the Parmesan cheese.
- Mix well and serve immediately.