Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Risi e bisi is served as a soup. It should be runny enough to be eaten with a spoon.
Make and share this Risi E Bisi recipe from Food.com.
- Saute the onion and half the butter in a heavy saucepan until the onion is golden and soft.
- Mix in the peas and half the parsley and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes if you are using fresh peas. 1 to 2 minutes longer for frozen.
- Add a few tablespoons of stock if necessary.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to a boil.
- Pour the stock over the peas, bring the stock to a boil again and mix in the rice.
- Cover the pan and cook, over a low heat, until the rice is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the remaining butter, the rest of the parsley and the Parmesan cheese.
- Mix well and serve immediately.
This is an outstanding recipe. In Spring, when peas first appear, this is just wonderful to serve to people, and great to eat. The color, perfume, and texture is lovely! I love fresh food, and this recipe is all about fresh food.