Chef #402531's Note:
Risi e bisi is served as a soup. It should be runny enough to be eaten with a spoon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the onion and half the butter in a heavy saucepan until the onion is golden and soft.
- 2Mix in the peas and half the parsley and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes if you are using fresh peas. 1 to 2 minutes longer for frozen.
- 3Add a few tablespoons of stock if necessary.
- 4Meanwhile, bring the stock to a boil.
- 5Pour the stock over the peas, bring the stock to a boil again and mix in the rice.
- 6Cover the pan and cook, over a low heat, until the rice is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- 7Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 8Remove from the heat and mix in the remaining butter, the rest of the parsley and the Parmesan cheese.
- 9Mix well and serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts for Risi E Bisi
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.6
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.2 mg
- Sodium 524.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 16.0 g