An Italian pilaf--rice and peas. I use sodium-free chicken bouillon granules, but use whatever suits your taste.
- In a saucepan add bouillon crystals and 1 Tbs butter to 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to low, stir in rice and simmer, covered, about 20 minutes.
- Add 2 Tbs butter, peas, salt and pepper; if necessary, add a little more water.
- Increase heat to medium and cook about 10 minutes until peas and rice are cooked and water is absorbed.
- Add bacon, mix light and cook another minute or so just to heat through.