Rise N' Shine Vegetable Frittata Sliders
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a standard 12 cup muffin tray thoroughly with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet saute the onion, garlic, carrot, red bell pepper, olive oil, salt, and ground black pepper for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables have cooked down. Be sure to stir frequently. Add in the Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns and spinach. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, being sure to stir frequently to prevent sticking. Place the vegetables into a colander and allow to drain for 5 minutes.
- Evenly distribute the vegetable saute among the 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs until the yellow and white parts are well incorporated. Place the eggs into a pourable measuring cup. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full. Sprinkle the tops with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until the center of each muffin is set and firm to the touch.
- Place each miniature frittata onto a mini slider bun and serve. You may opt to toast the buns if desired.
- The great thing about this recipe is that the vegetable frittatas can be made ahead of time, simply reheated in the morning, and placed onto the slider buns right before serving. The frittatas also freeze well. It's a good, healthy start to the day. Sliders for breakfast -- who doesn't love that!