Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Chock full of veggies, this is a fun, delicious, and nutritious way to start your day either at home or on the go!
My Private Note
mini fr ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, diced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 cups packed finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 10 eggs
- 12 slider buns
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a standard 12 cup muffin tray thoroughly with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- 2In a large skillet saute the onion, garlic, carrot, red bell pepper, olive oil, salt, and ground black pepper for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables have cooked down. Be sure to stir frequently. Add in the Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns and spinach. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, being sure to stir frequently to prevent sticking. Place the vegetables into a colander and allow to drain for 5 minutes.
- 3Evenly distribute the vegetable saute among the 12 muffin cups.
- 4In a large bowl beat the eggs until the yellow and white parts are well incorporated. Place the eggs into a pourable measuring cup. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full. Sprinkle the tops with parmesan cheese.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until the center of each muffin is set and firm to the touch.
- 6Place each miniature frittata onto a mini slider bun and serve. You may opt to toast the buns if desired.
- 7The great thing about this recipe is that the vegetable frittatas can be made ahead of time, simply reheated in the morning, and placed onto the slider buns right before serving. The frittatas also freeze well. It's a good, healthy start to the day. Sliders for breakfast -- who doesn't love that!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rise N' Shine Vegetable Frittata Sliders
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.9
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 317.3 mg
- Sodium 682.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 22.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns