Prep 1 hr
Cook 13 mins
These gigantic, gluten free cookies are a meal in themselves - packed with vitamins, minerals, protein, fibre and healthy fats, with only a little natural sweetener along with the granola. Grab one to eat after your sunrise bootcamp before work or school and stay full and energized till lunch! Made for Rise Up And Shine II - A Plan Canada Dance Fitness Fundraiser http://riseupandshine.ca/
- 1⁄2 cup Earth Balance natural buttery spread
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter (I used Go Lo High Protein)
- 1⁄4 cup Truvia, natural sweetener brown sugar blend
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup rice bran
- 1⁄4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup teff flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup roasted defatted soy flour or 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 cups nature's path gluten free honey almond granola
- 1⁄4 cup nature's path qi'a hot cereal
- 1⁄4 cup raisins, soaked in hot water and drained
- In a large bowl, beat together the Earth Balance, almond butter, Truvia, honey, vanilla, eggs and salt until well mixed.
- Add the rice bran, flours, kinako, guar and baking soda, beating well.
- Stir in the granola, Qi'a™ and raisins.
- Cover loosely and let stand 45 minutes at room temperature (or chill overnight).
- Heat the oven to 375°F Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Scoop 1/4 cupfuls of dough onto the sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 13 minutes.
- Cool on the sheet for 15 minutes before moving to a wire rack.