Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rise and shine! Here's a quick and easy hearty breakfast dish, that serves one or two. Delicious! Use ham or crisp crumbled bacon in place of the breakfast sausage links, if desired. Or make yours a vegetarian frittata. Recipe is easily doubled or tripled, to feed more people.
- 9.85 ml butter
- 9.85 ml light olive oil
- 177.44 ml o'brien frozen potatoes
- 29.58 ml chopped red and green bell peppers
- 4.92 ml instant minced onion
- 3-4 fresh cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 frozen precooked breakfast sausage links (such as Brown 'N Serve)
- 2-3 free-range eggs
- 4.92-9.85 ml water
- pepper, to taste
- 29.58 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- fresh parsley, snipped for garnish (optional)
- In a medium non-stick skillet, melt the butter and the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and peppers evenly in one layer into the pan; cook for about 5-7 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Next add the onions, tomatoes and sausages; cook and stir for 5 minutes until sausages are hot. Use a metal spatula to cut up the tomatoes and sausages into bite size pieces.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a little water & add pepper to taste.
- Pour eggs all at once over the potato mixture in the pan, but do not stir.
- Cook for about two minutes until eggs are set, then off the heat, lift wtih a spatula and let uncooked eggs settle to bottom of pan. Sprinkle with cheese, and let rest a minute or two until the cheese melts. To serve, you may slice and serve the frittata, or stir gently for a frittata-scramble.
- Tip: traditionally a frittata is set under the broiler for the last 3-4 minutes, but I chose to skip this step as I like my eggs set but not dry. Be sure to use an oven-proof skillet if you choose to broil your fritatta.
- Turn out onto a plate and serve with a fresh snipped parsley garnish.