1/3 Photos of Rise and Shine Easy Breakfast Frittata-Scramble for One or Two!
Rise and shine! Here's a quick and easy hearty breakfast dish, that serves one or two. Delicious! Use ham or crisp crumbled bacon in place of the breakfast sausage links, if desired. Or make yours a vegetarian frittata. Recipe is easily doubled or tripled, to feed more people.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil
- 3/4 cup o'brien frozen potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped red and green bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 3 -4 fresh cherry tomatoes
- 2 -3 frozen precooked breakfast sausage links (such as Brown 'N Serve)
- 2 -3 free-range eggs
- 1 -2 teaspoon water
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- fresh parsley, snipped for garnish (optional)
- 1In a medium non-stick skillet, melt the butter and the olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the potatoes and peppers evenly in one layer into the pan; cook for about 5-7 minutes, turning once or twice.
- 3Next add the onions, tomatoes and sausages; cook and stir for 5 minutes until sausages are hot. Use a metal spatula to cut up the tomatoes and sausages into bite size pieces.
- 4In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a little water & add pepper to taste.
- 5Pour eggs all at once over the potato mixture in the pan, but do not stir.
- 6Cook for about two minutes until eggs are set, then off the heat, lift wtih a spatula and let uncooked eggs settle to bottom of pan. Sprinkle with cheese, and let rest a minute or two until the cheese melts. To serve, you may slice and serve the frittata, or stir gently for a frittata-scramble.
- 7Tip: traditionally a frittata is set under the broiler for the last 3-4 minutes, but I chose to skip this step as I like my eggs set but not dry. Be sure to use an oven-proof skillet if you choose to broil your fritatta.
- 8Turn out onto a plate and serve with a fresh snipped parsley garnish.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rise and Shine Easy Breakfast Frittata-Scramble for One or Two!
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.8
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 203.4 mg
- Sodium 150.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
o'brien frozen potatoes
breakfast sausage links