Prep 5 mins
Cook 16 mins
Rich but light biscuits, great covered with creamed chicken or smothered in jam or honey and butter. Gonna go make some right now!
- 1 tablespoon sugar, plus
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup club soda
- 2 cups bisquick biscuit mix
- Combine sugar, soda and sour cream and mix well.
- Stir in biscuit mix.
- Sprinkle small amount of dry biscuit mix on counter and dump out batter.
- Knead 10-12 times.
- Cut out 12 biscuits about 2 inches round.
- Bake at 450 for 16-18 minutes til golden brown.
Very nice flavor and texture, though mine were a tad overcooked in about 11 minutes...not sure if the cooking time/temp is off or if it was just a fluke...At any rate, these were lovely and hit the spot with butter and honey :)
Great biscuit - loved the crumb...was it the club soda? A really 'different' method and it worked just fine. The biscuits were very tasty, light and with a very nice, subtle flavour.
Very good biscuits. They were light & crispy on the outside, yet tender on the inside. I enjoyed their flavor very much, but wished they had been a bit fluffier and taller. Still, very tasty and very easy to fix for a quick breakfast.