1/1 Photo of Rippli (Loin Ribs / Smoked Pork Loin)
From Switzerland. Found on About.com under Culture-Food. This sounds delicious! Get the smoked pork ribs from a butcher.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 100 g bacon, cut into small pieces (0.22 pounds)
- 2 onions, hacked
- 1 garlic, pressed
- 300 g cabbage, cut into strips
- 200 g celery, cut into pieces (0.44 pounds)
- 250 g carrots, cut into slices (0.55 pounds)
- 500 g potatoes, cut into slices (1.10 pounds)
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 800 g smoked loin ribs from pork (1.76 pounds)
- 1 dl white wine (3.4 fl. ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon soup, base (instant soup)
- 4 tomatoes, pealed, cut into slices
- 1Heat up the margarine in frying-pan.
- 2Add bacon, onion and garlic and saute until onion softens and bacon is cooked.
- 3Add cabbage, celery, carrots and potatoes, cover and steam until the vegetables falls inches.
- 4Spice with pepper and thyme.
- 5Place ribs within the vegetables.
- 6Add white wine and soup, cook on low heat for about one hour.
- 7Add tomatoes and cook for 10 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rippli (Loin Ribs / Smoked Pork Loin)
Serving Size: 1 (726 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.1
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 185.0 mg
- Sodium 460.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 64.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: