Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a Taste of Home booklet that caught my senses as I waited 45 minutes in line at the supermarket last night....please--I can't discuss the aggravation again...!!! But anyway, this starts out with a cake mix made rich with sour cream and eggs. Layers are created by a delicious swirl of brown sugar-cinnamon goo, and a vanilla icing on top. Can't wait to try this one!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or light cream if you want it thicker)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350*F. Grease a 13x9x2" baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, sour cream, eggs, and oil; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until batter is thick and well blended.
- Spread 1/2 the batter into the prepared pan.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Carefully spread remaining batter on top; bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick tests done.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine icing ingredients, adding enough powdered sugar and/or milk to desired consistency; drizzle icing over the warm cake.
Well well well what another great recipe from recipe zaar. I bake some kind of dessert each week to take to my fellow employees at school and this site never lets me down. I added extra nuts thats all I changed.