Recipe by English_Rose
Rolls of zucchini and eggplant filled with ricotta, prosciutto & pesto.
Top Review by aHardDaysNight
Thanks for this delicious recipe. I omitted the prosciutto to make this vegetarian. Next time, I think I will try it your way. It's a great light dish, and quick to make. I used a mandolin to slice up some baby eggplants and zucchinis.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 eggplant, topped, tailed and thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 zucchini, topped, tailed and thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces prosciutto
- 2 teaspoons pesto sauce
- 4 ounces arugula
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, shavings
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a griddle or frying pan. Add a single layer of sliced vegetables and cook until the underside is golden. Turn over and cook the other side. Repeat with remaining slices and leave to cool.
- Spread a thin layer of ricotta over 1 side of the eggplant and zucchini slices. Arrange the prosciutto on top of half the slices and season to taste. Spread the pesto over the remaining slices and top with a few torn arugula leaves.
- Roll up, enclosing the fillings and arrange on a bed of arugula leaves.
- Top with the parmesan shavings and drizzle over the remaining oil. Add extra seasoning to taste.