Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Posted to Mc REcipe Digest by Jo MErrill
- 4 quarts watermelon, diced and seeded
- 5 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 lemon slices
- 1 teaspoon cracked cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Put diced melon in colander and with the hands, squeeze out as much juice as possilbe.
- Let drain for 1 hour.
- Put melon, sugar, salt, vinegar and lemon in large heavy kettle.
- Add spices tied up in cheesecloth bag.
- Cook slowly for 50-60 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Place in boiling water bath for ten minutes; remove and make sure all lids seal before storing.