- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 4 cups corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) sliced ripe olives
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a casserole dish that can go from stove to oven: Brown turkey in oil.
- Chop onion and add onion to turkey, cook until soft.
- Add tomatoes, corn (cooked if frozen), chili powder, green chilis, and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in corn meal slowly, add olives, mix in 2 cups cheese.
- Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese and cook in oven uncovered for 35 minutes.