Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Like pizza? This muffin has an Italian flavor, which includes provolone, olives and oregano. This recipe is easy to make. The muffins go well with soup.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground hot air popped corn
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated provolone cheese
- 3 -4 ounces finely chopped pitted ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- Sift flour, measure and sift with baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add milk, popped corn, eggs and melted butter.
- Stir in cheese,ripe olives, and oregano.
- Fill well-oiled muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake in pre-heated oven (435 F) for 20 minutes, serve warm.
- Makes 12 regular sized muffins.
This was wonderful served it with Hamburger-Vegetable Crockpot Soup#101962.---The PROBLEM was the quantity was wrong-too much for 1 pan of 12 muffins-I decided to drop the temp to 325' and poured it into 2-8" cake pans, cooked till toothpick came out clear. Rated it a 5 inspite of that because the flavor was SO GOOD!!--POPCORN who would have guessed?