Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love chili, so when I found this recipe, I was happy. From "Holiday Cookbook: Favorite Recipes by Assemblies of God Women". Is used as a dip, but can also be a dish.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 ounce chili seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups olives, pitted
- Drain and rinse kidney beans.
- Brown beef lightly in oil.
- Add kidney beans, chili seasoning mix, tomatoes, tomato sauce and salt; simmer for ten minutes.
- Drain olives; add to beef mixture.
- Heat for several minutes longer.
- Serve as dip with tortillas.