Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
This can be served as either an appetizer, or along with a salad, as a meal. It's colourful and has a wonderful Mexican flavour.
Top Review by riffraff
Great recipe, had everything on hand, always a plus! I added chopped jalapenos because I had some fresh ones I needed to use. Gave the whole thing some good heat. Very simple and delicious, I will be serving this at our next get together.
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives
- 1 avocado (firm but ripe)
- 1 red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 1⁄3 cups grated monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain olives well and cut into thin slices.
- Halve, pit and peel avocado and finely chop avocado and red pepper.
- In small bowl, stir together olives, avocado, pepper, cilantro, onion and lime juice.
- Place tortillas on large baking sheet and brush tops with oil.
- Broil tortillas until pale golden- about 45 seconds.
- Turn over and broil until pale golden on other side.
- Sprinkle tortillas evenly with cheese and broil until cheese is melted and bubbling- about 30 seconds.
- Divide olive mixture evenly among tortillas and cut each tortilla into 4 wedges.