Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Gourmet. July 1990
- 1 cup firmly packed pitted ripe olives, drained well
- 6 ounces soft mild goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced scallions
- Tabasco sauce
- 20 slices french toast (thin diagonal slices) or 20 slices Italian bread, toast (thin diagonal slices)
- In a food processor chop the olives, add the goat cheese, scallion, and the Tabasco, and blend the mixture until the olives are chopped fine.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the toasts, arrange the toasts on a baking sheet, and broil them under a preheated broiler about 2 inches from the heat for 1 minute, or until the cheese is just melted and glistening.