Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I was searching for something to do with my over-ripened bananas and came across this one from my husband's Oklahoman grandmother (one of the few dessert salads from Texhoma that doesn't involve jell-o!). I ended up making something else, but am collecting and freezing bananas to try this one. It looks tasty and super simple. Cook time is freezing.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped maraschino cherry, well drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Mix in order listed.
- Pour into dish and freeze overnight.
- Serve frozen.