Top Review by karen in tbay
Nice change from our usual spicy/garlicky dishes we prepare. I am the only one in the family that loves olives and I loved the variety of the sweet of the prunes and the salt of the olives. I would add more olives then the whole dish would be mine.We didn't have enuf red wine so used the orange juice as suggested.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned (about 3 pounds)
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pitted prune (about 3-1/4 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup rioja wine (you could use orange juice) or 1 cup dry red wine (you could use orange juice)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups hot cooked wild rice or 2 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Place garlic in bottom of an electric slower cooker.
- Arrange chicken over garlic; add prunes, olives, thyme, rind, and bay leaf.
- Combine orange juice, wine, and honey; pour over chicken.
- Cover with lid; cook on high heat for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat setting to low; cook 7 hours.
- Serve over rice.
- Sprinkle with parsley.