Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from a box of Near East Spanish Rice. It's a great change from ordinary meatloaves, and cooks up very quickly! I serve it with Spanish rice and a salad.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 6 slices monterey jack cheese
- additional salsa
- Combine first 6 ingredients lightly, but well.
- Divide mixture into 6 portions; shape each portion into a loaf about 1-inch thick.
- Place in pan.
- Bake in 350ºF oven 25 minutes.
- Place slice of cheese on each loaf; spoon about 1 teaspoon salsa onto center of cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with additional salsa.
Loved it and so did the family. I left out the tortilla chips because my husband is on a restricted diet & it still tasted great! Easy meal to reheat when the family is busy with different schedules.
Super good, easy and quick! I made these with ground turkey rather than beef and they were so moist and tender! The tortilla chip crumbs gave them a tamale-like flavor which we loved. Surely to reappear on my table! Thanks for posting.