1/1 Photo of Rinones Espanol ( Spanish Style Kidneys)
Brian Holley's Note:
Popular dish served in resturaunts and Tapas bars here in Spain. Very easy to prepare and cook. Serve over boiled rice with a crusty bread to soak up any juices.NB. Here we use pigs kidneys as they are larger and have a better flavour, but recipezaar does not recognise this as a food item.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut kidney lenghtways and remove as much of the white tubes as possible, chop into 1" cubes and soak in cold water for 1 hour.
- 2Meanwhile chop the vegetable for the dish.
- 3Sit back and relax. The cooking begins when the kidneys have finished soaking.
- 4Drain the kineys. Heat the oil in a pan, and, melt the butter in the oil.
- 5Fry the onions and garlic till just turning golden. Add the vegetables and kidneys. Fry for 5 minutes Add the brandy and tip the pan to the flame (flambe). When the flames have died out, pour in the sherry and cream.
- 6Cover pan, reduce heat to minimum and cook for 5 minutes.
- 7Check the seasoning for salt and add a grind of black pepper.
Browse Our Top Spanish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rinones Espanol ( Spanish Style Kidneys)
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.6
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 65.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: