Recipe by Brian Holley
Popular dish served in resturaunts and Tapas bars here in Spain. Very easy to prepare and cook. Serve over boiled rice with a crusty bread to soak up any juices.NB. Here we use pigs kidneys as they are larger and have a better flavour, but recipezaar does not recognise this as a food item.
- 4 lambs kidneys
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 5 fluid ounces single cream
- grind black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut kidney lenghtways and remove as much of the white tubes as possible, chop into 1" cubes and soak in cold water for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile chop the vegetable for the dish.
- Sit back and relax. The cooking begins when the kidneys have finished soaking.
- Drain the kineys. Heat the oil in a pan, and, melt the butter in the oil.
- Fry the onions and garlic till just turning golden. Add the vegetables and kidneys. Fry for 5 minutes Add the brandy and tip the pan to the flame (flambe). When the flames have died out, pour in the sherry and cream.
- Cover pan, reduce heat to minimum and cook for 5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning for salt and add a grind of black pepper.