Popular dish served in resturaunts and Tapas bars here in Spain. Very easy to prepare and cook. Serve over boiled rice with a crusty bread to soak up any juices.NB. Here we use pigs kidneys as they are larger and have a better flavour, but recipezaar does not recognise this as a food item.
- Cut kidney lenghtways and remove as much of the white tubes as possible, chop into 1" cubes and soak in cold water for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile chop the vegetable for the dish.
- Sit back and relax. The cooking begins when the kidneys have finished soaking.
- Drain the kineys. Heat the oil in a pan, and, melt the butter in the oil.
- Fry the onions and garlic till just turning golden. Add the vegetables and kidneys. Fry for 5 minutes Add the brandy and tip the pan to the flame (flambe). When the flames have died out, pour in the sherry and cream.
- Cover pan, reduce heat to minimum and cook for 5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning for salt and add a grind of black pepper.