Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yeah yeah....we southerners have strange names for everything! This is a spread/dip that is soooooooo good. Serve on crackers or toast points.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped (fresh or canned but fresh is better)
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Saute onions in the butter until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley and sugar.
- Stir well.
- Cover and cook until thickened.
- Add cheese and stir until it melts.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.