Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe from my chocolate and coffee loving aunt. I help my mom make it when she needs a lot of dessert as it is filling and rich. The filling can be doubled for an especially scrumptious dessert.
For the cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the filling (can be doubled)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 -3 tablespoon hot water
- For the filling:.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- For cake:.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs. Beat 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan.
- Spoon in filling around the pan in the center of the batter.
- Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 70-75 minutes.
- Cool upright for 15 minutes.
- For glaze:.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, being careful not to add too much water. Glaze should be thick enough to not run all of the way down the sides of the cake.
- Remove from pan onto serving platter/tray.
- Drizzle with glaze.
- Can be served warm or cool, but must be served with milk!
Made this for sharing at a weekly meeting we attend, mostly because I'm not a big fan of coffee (don't mind making it, but just don't want to drink it or taste it), & it was a big hit there! I did double the amount of the filling & everyone was raving about it, so that tells me how great it was! Now to find just the right substitute for the coffee in it & I'll make it for myself! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]