Throw together a generic meatloaf with fresh veggies that you have leftover in the fridge, mold it into a ring, plop some 'taters in the middle, and voila! Dinner is served!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 20 saltine crackers, crushed well
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup cut up celery
- 1/2 cup minced red pepper
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- tomato ketchup, to taste
Garlic Mashed Potatoes (for center)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Fill large saucepan with water & pinch of salt. Put on high heat to boil.
- 2In large bowl, combine all meatloaf ingredients (except for ketchup) - Mix well with your hands.
- 3When water is boiling, add peeled potatoes. Boil potatoes for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- 4Place meatloaf in shallow 2 quart baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Form mixture into a ring, leaving an open center. Top with ketchup, if desired.
- 5Bake meatloaf ring at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 6While meatloaf is baking, drain cooked potatoes & place in medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well with mixer.
- 7Remove dish from oven when done. Spoon mashed potatoes into the open center of the dish.
- 8Return dish to oven for 7-10 minutes.
- 9Add a bit of italian herb seasoning & parsley flakes to top of potatoes when finished.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ring Around the Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.9
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 146.6 mg
- Sodium 556.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 21.9 g