Top Review by Baby Kato
This dish was sooo good and very quick and easy to put together. The stew sauce is incredible, tangy and well balanced and the meat was moist and tender. I will definitely be making this again often. Thanks so much for sharing Lauralie41.
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 3 lbs rump roast, Boneless
- 2 cups onions, Sliced
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 lb tomatoes, 1 can
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt shortening in a Dutch oven.
- Add the meat and brown on all sides.
- Place the onions on top of the meat.
- Mix the flour and seasonings with 1/4 c water.
- Blend with the tomatoes and add the misture to the dutch oven.
- Bake at 325 degrees F about 2 hours, until the meat is fork-tender.
- Serve with oven-browned potatoes.