1/3 Photos of Rindergulasch (beef Goulash)
1 hr 47 mins
1 hr 47 mins
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar. I've made it and made some minor changes to adapt it to my own taste. If you leave the cream out it is very similar to my mother's Goulash recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat vegetable oil in a large fry pan or Dutch oven.
- 2Add meat cubes and brown well, approximately 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in onions; cook until soft.
- 4Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic salt, paprika, and sugar.
- 5Blend thoroughly.
- 6Pour in hot water; cover and simmer gently about 1 1/2 hours.
- 7In a small jar or container, shake or blend flour with cold water.
- 8Be sure to break up all lumps.
- 9Add to meat about 7 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- 10Stir constantly until sauce is thickened and bubbling.
- 11Remove from heat, check the flavour adding more salt and pepper as required.
- 12Stir in cream if using.
- 13Serve with noodles, rice or potatoes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rindergulasch (beef Goulash)
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.6
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 71.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 24.7 g