Recipe by ColoradoCookin'
Taken from the Cowboy Cartoon Cookbook.
Top Review by Alan Leonetti
I gave this a 5 star, because except for chilies, it is like my recipe, so I know that it is delicious... Thanks for the good review on my roast turkey recipe, and I hope you look at my other recipes that are posted on Zaar. You can also e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org Alan Leonetti and those are 2 zero's after my name
- 1⁄2 lb lean bacon
- 1 (16 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 3⁄4 lb chicken liver, washed, drained and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried chili
- 6 slices fresh ginger, thin slices, peeled
- hot Chinese mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon slices in half and lay out individually.
- in the center of each slice place a chestnut.
- On each chestnut, place a piece of liver.
- Fold up each end of bacon strip over chicken liver and chestnut, secure with toothpick.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large dinner plate or deep pie dish.
- Marinate for several hours in the fridge, turning frequently.
- Place bundles on broiler pan and broil 5-7 minutes, turning once.
- Serve with mustard.