Recipe by The Big Cheese
Long ago, there was a factory here in Murphy, NC named Rimco. My dad and many others worked there, even when it changed hands and took a different name. Each summer, there would be a big company cookout, and this chicken was what we all looked forward to. It's a versatile recipe, this is the base recipe for grilling. You can also use your favorite breading to fry it after it's soaked in the brine.
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken pieces in a ziplock bag.
- Add vinegar, melted butter, salt & pepper.
- Place ziplock bag in the refrigerator and let it sit overnight, up to 24 hours.
- The next day, take chicken out of the bag and pat dry. Reserve some of the brine and boil it in a small saucepot. Prepare grill. Place chicken on grill, brush with the brine mixture while grilling.