Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Christmas Recipe Exchange 2006
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- powdered sugar
- food coloring
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add in dry ingredients.
- Shape into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press with thumb in the center.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 7 minutes.
- Fill center with icing or use a small drop of your favorite jelly/preserves.
- Do not substitute margarine for the butter. You can however substitute self-rising flour for the all-purpose flour, just omit the baking powder.