Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The kids love these because they have everything in them, and they go bananas over them.
- 1 1⁄2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 tablespoon corn syrup
- 4 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup smarties candies or 3⁄4 cup M&M'
- In mixing bowl, cream peanut butter, brown and white sugars together.
- Beat in eggs.
- Mix in vanilla and syrop.
- Transfer to large container.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoons onto greased pan.
- Flatten with hands.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
- Overbaking them can make them hard.
These are wonderful cookies! We made them and the kids love them. One thing we do is make a larger batch and freeze the cookies for later use. It's so easy to just pull one out of the freezer when you want a quick snack.
My kids loved these cookies, my 14 yr old shared them with some friends at school and came home with rave reviews and kids wanting to know how to get more. You were right about kids loving these cookies.I made them larger than the recipe suggested about 2 tblsp scoop and baked them for 9 min which was perfect.They were soft and chewy. Thanks for a great "kid's cookie" recipe, Cooking monster.