Oh, this is so good . Another recipe from my cookbook :)
Make and share this Rikki's Beef and Leeks recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 leeks, washed really good and cut into small strips (use only the white and light green parts of the leeks)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock or 3⁄4 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Saute onions in oil and butter for about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and brown.
- Add leeks, stock, mustard, salt and paprika.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for about 15, stir often.
- Add half and half and simmer for about 2 more minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Serve over egg noodles.