Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe came from the inside of the lid of a Kroger brand whipped topping container and all I can say is OMG, YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY!!!!!! Not sure of prep and cooking times.
- 1 box yellow cake mix, prepared as directed using
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding, prepared as directed using
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 -3 medium bananas, sliced (optional)
- 1 (1 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 24 maraschino cherries, halves
- Bake cake according to pkg. directions in a 13x9 pan.
- In a small saucepan combine the undrained pineapple and brown sugar over medium-high heat.
- Boil for 5 minutes, reducing heat if necessary--DO NOT LET SUGAR MIXTURE BURN--stirring constantly.
- Pour this mixture over warm cake and let cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the instant pudding per pkg.
- directions with the 2 cups of milk; add the softened cream cheese to the prepared pudding and blend well.
- Pour this over top of cooled cake.
- Evenly place banana slices over the top of the cake, if desired.
- Top with Cool Whip, covering bananas completely.
- Sprinkle with pecans then sprinkle with coconut.
- Decorate with maraschino cherries.
- Refrigerate any leftover cake.
This is a good cake. The pudding section of it was very confusing. I couldn't locate a 5 1/4 oz. pudding box. The large box was three something oz. I ended up using two small boxes instead, with the 2 cups of milk. But each of those boxes called for 2 cups of milk each. In spite of the pudding confusion, it was still a very good cake. I took it to work and left with an empty pan.
I made this cake for the family this week-end.WOW, How good and easy too!!!Everyone really liked it.I will be making this one again!