Prep 1 hr
Cook 8 mins
Molasses Chile Butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ancho chili, pureed
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 ears fresh corn, shucked
- To puree ancho chile: split chile open and discard the stems and seeds; place the chile in a small saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil and remove saucepan from heat; let chile soak for 10 minutes until soft; remove chile from water and puree in a blender or food processor; use a little of the soaking water to puree them, if needed; strain puree through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Make the butter: in a small saucepan, over high heat, reduce the orange juice until it is a thick syrup and yields 1 tablespoon, about 5 minutes; let cool.
- In a food processor, combine the reduced orange juice, butter, ancho puree, molasses, orange zest, salt, and pepper; remove the flavored butter to a small bowl and set aside.
- Fire up the grill; grill corn until done, about 8 minutes over medium heat, turning as necessary to brown evenly.
- Remove corn from grill and slather with chile butter.