Rigatoni With Zucchini Sauce
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan; add in the chopped zucchini, onions, and salt; saute over medium ehat for 10-15 minutes, until the veggies are very soft without browning; set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- In batches, puree the zucchini-onion mixture with the parsley; return the sauce to a clean saute pan; place over low heat.
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil; add salt and then add the rigatoni; cook to al dente.
- Drain, reserving ½ cup of pasta water.
- Toss the pasta in the sauce, adding some of the pasta water if the sauce is too thick.
- Serve right away sprinkled with shredded zucchini and Parmigiano-Reggiano and a drizzle of olive oil.