This is a family favorite from Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 4 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 2/3 cup asiago cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add shallots and crushed red pepper.
- 3Saute until shallots are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add vodka and ignite with long match.
- 5Simmer until flames subside, shaking pan occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- 6Increase heat to high, add cream and boil until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- 7Add tomato sauce; boil until sauce thickens and coats back of spoon, about 2 minutes.
- 8(Can be made 1 day ahead; chill).
- 9Cook pasta in pot of boiling water until tender but still firm to bite.
- 10Drain; reserve 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- 11Bring sauce to simmer.
- 12Add pasta, prosciutto, 1/3 cup cheese, parsley, and basil to skillet and toss to coat.
- 13Add reserved pasta cooking liquid if mixture is too dry.
- 14Season to taste with pepper.
- 15Transfer to large bowl.
- 16Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni With Vodka-Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1082.8
- Calories from Fat 467
- Total Fat 51.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 218.0 mg
- Sodium 552.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: