Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple yet elegant dish. The vodka gives you a slight tingle of heat! Perfect served with garlic bread. This recipe is also nice with Italian Sausage browned with the onions and garlic. Enjoy!
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked and drained
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until soft and translucent in a large skillet or pot.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce and vodka and simmer over medium low heat until sauce reduces, about 15 minutes.
- Stir heavy cream into the sauce and simmer over low heat until completely heated though.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce, tossing to coat well. Top with parmesean cheese.
Man this is good! I really liked the jarred vodka sauce until I tried this. It is fantastic, really nothing like the jarred sauce (which I will never buy again). I made as written but I think next time I will try with the italian sausage as suggested. Thanks for the keeper KPD!
Loved this recipe. Definitely a keeper. Even my husband liked this one.(hard to please) I added some diced roma tomatoes and sliced mushrooms to the sauce. Is a great meal for vegitarian guests. Thanks