Recipe by KPD
This is a simple yet elegant dish. The vodka gives you a slight tingle of heat! Perfect served with garlic bread. This recipe is also nice with Italian Sausage browned with the onions and garlic. Enjoy!
Top Review by KLBoyle
Man this is good! I really liked the jarred vodka sauce until I tried this. It is fantastic, really nothing like the jarred sauce (which I will never buy again). I made as written but I think next time I will try with the italian sausage as suggested. Thanks for the keeper KPD!
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until soft and translucent in a large skillet or pot.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce and vodka and simmer over medium low heat until sauce reduces, about 15 minutes.
- Stir heavy cream into the sauce and simmer over low heat until completely heated though.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce, tossing to coat well. Top with parmesean cheese.