Sherri L.'s Note:
Giada De Laurentiis' Everyday Italian WW 7 pts. I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 5 ounces assorted mushrooms, stemmed and chopped (like shiitake, cremini, and brown)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1Place the dried mushrooms in a small bowl and cover with 1 1/2 cups very hot water. Set aside and let the mushrooms soften.
- 2Place the carrots, onion, bell pepper, and garlic in a food processor. Pulse the vegetables until finely chopped but still chunky.
- 3Place the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped vegetables, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper and cook until tender, about 6 minutes.
- 4Strain the porcini mushrooms, reserving the porcini mushroom liquid. Add the porcini mushrooms, fresh mushrooms, and tomato paste and continue cooking, stirring to dissolve the tomato paste, until the mushrooms are softened, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add the porcini mushroom liquid and red wine. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and let the mixture simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Add mascarpone cheese and stir just until the cheese is incorporated.
- 6Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid and add to the vegetable mixture. Add some of the reserved pasta cooking liquid, if necessary, to moisten the sauce. Toss with Parmesan and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni With Vegetable Bolognese
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.6
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 689.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: