Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 12 ounces whole wheat rigatoni
- 6 ounces sweet Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil; cook pasta until al dente, 9-11 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a nonstick skillet over med-low heat, breaking it into small chunks, until cooked through but not crisp, about 6 minutes; blot with a paper towel.
- Combine ¼ cup cheese and pepper in a large pasta bowl.
- Measure out ½ cup pasta cooking liquid; drain the pasta.
- Add pasta, sausage, ½ cup cooking liquid, and oil to pasta bowl; toss well; check seasoning and add salt if necessary.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining cheese.