Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yum!! This recipe is so easy and so delightful, my mouth waters when I read it again. I think it was on mealsforyou.com
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 lb filet steak, cut into 1-inch strips (freeze for about 15 minute, to slice easier)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (pinch or two) (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 1 shallots, minced or 2 scallions, including green tops minced
- 3⁄4 cup canned low sodium vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 ounces blue cheese or 3 ounces gorgonzola
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 lb rigatoni pasta
- In a large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoom of the oil over moderate heat.
- Season the steak with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper and pinch of red pepper flakes, add it to the pan.
- Brown on all sides, about 3 minutes, and remove.
- The meat should be rare.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of the oil to the hot pan, along with the mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan and add to the steak.
- Add the shallot, broth and Worcesteshire sauce to the hot pan.
- Cook, stirring, to dislodge any browned bits that cling to the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer until the liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese and the cream to the pan along with the steak and mushrooms and any accumulated juices, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, another pinch or two of red pepper flakes, and the parsley.
- Simmer to heat through, about 1 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook rigatoni according to pkg directions until just done, about 14 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and toss it with the sauce.
- Serve with a Beaujolais-Villages from France and enjoy!