Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
The best rigatoni recipe! From the Sopranos.
- 1 lb Italian pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) canpeeled Italian tomatoes, passed through a food mill
- salt and pepper
- 3 -4 fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated romano cheese
- Romove the sausage from the casings and chop the meat fine.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the sausage and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the sausage is lightly browned.
- Add the wine and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until most of the wine evaporates.
- Stir in the tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened, about an hour and a half.
- Stir in the basil.
- Meanwhile, bring at least 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot over high heat.
- Add the rigatoni and some salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the rigatoni is al dente, tender yet still firm to the bite.
- In a large heated serving bowl, toss the rigatoni with the sauce.
- Serve with the grated cheese.
by far the best pasta recipe ever, it takes so few ingredients and so few time, yet the taste has so many levels, ABSOLUTELY love it, couldn't love it more
I have the cookbook and just made this the other night. . . we loved it, the sauce has a very good taste to it.
This is the easiest recipe ever and it is so good!