Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
The best rigatoni recipe! From the Sopranos.
Make and share this Rigatoni with Sweet Sausage and Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Romove the sausage from the casings and chop the meat fine.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the sausage and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the sausage is lightly browned.
- Add the wine and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until most of the wine evaporates.
- Stir in the tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened, about an hour and a half.
- Stir in the basil.
- Meanwhile, bring at least 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot over high heat.
- Add the rigatoni and some salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the rigatoni is al dente, tender yet still firm to the bite.
- In a large heated serving bowl, toss the rigatoni with the sauce.
- Serve with the grated cheese.