Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Pasta tossed in a light tomato cream sauce with a mild peppery tang. If sundried tomatoes are hard to find in your grocery store, you can substitute a can of petite diced tomatoes in olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto ham, julienned
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 1 teaspoon green chili, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, diced well
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat oil and 2 T. butter in large pan. Cook onions, garlic, and chiles in butter until onions wilt.
- Add prosciutto and cook for 1 minute, then add zucchini and cook another minute.
- Add plain tomatoes (with juice) and simmer for 10 minutes. In the meantime, cook rigatoni according to box directions.
- Drain pasta and replace in large pan, coating with remaining 2 T. butter (or more).
- To saucepan, add salt, pepper, cheese, cream, sundried tomatos, and red pepper.
- When sauce is hot, pour over pasta and toss.