1/1 Photo of Rigatoni With Steak Sauce
Southern Lady's Note:
One dish meal served in bowls topped with Parmesan Cheese. Recipe courtesy of Everyday Italian. Reviewers said it was easy and enjoyed by picky eaters, too. Others made with filet mignon to flat iron steak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 24 ounces rib eye steaks
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 26 ounces marinara sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 16 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese (shaved or grated)
- 1Heat 2 T Olive Oil in heavy frying pan over high heat.
- 2Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Cook Steaks until they are brown BUT still RARE in the center, about 3 minutes each side. Transfer steaks to a plate to cool down. Save steak juices in plate.
- 4Add 2 T Olive Oil to same pan. Saute the onion and carrots until onions are translucent, about 8 minutes, with add'l salt & pepper to taste.
- 5Add Garlic and Oregano, saute for another minute.
- 6Add Marinara Sauce and broth. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat to allow the flavors to blend, about 10 minutes. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- 7Meanwhile, trim fat from each steak and cut into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- 8Bring a large pot of SALTED water to boil over high heat. Add Rigatoni and boil until tender but firm to the bite (al dente), about 10 minutes, stirring often. Drain.
- 9Toss the Rigatoni and steak pieces and any accumulated juices from the steaks with the sauce to coat.
- 10Transfer to individual serving bowls, top with cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni With Steak Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (720 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1346.8
- Calories from Fat 606
- Total Fat 67.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 230.3 mg
- Sodium 1589.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 115.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 59.5 g